Friday, July 12, 2013

Hong Kong Travelogue - Day 3 & 4

Day 3

We started our morning meeting the boyf's sister and her husband for breakfast. Both of them have been working in Hongkong for the past 2 years and they definitely know where to bring us for a good breakfast!


Breakfast was at a restaurant at Causeway Bay and they serve really good dim sum. It was a pity that they didn't serve my "luisah baos" (custard buns) but the very delicious egg tarts made up for it. I think I ate ate least 4-5 egg tarts. My Chinese is pretty bad so I can't really read the Chinese name of the restaurant so I can't google for the address!





After breakfast, we shopped around that area for a while but it was nothing interesting as they were mostly big malls that sell expensive/branded stuff. No intention to splurge on branded so we left the place after shopping at Times Square.

Egglets! Please eat this when you're in Hong Kong because the ones in Hong Kong are much much better than those selling in Singapore. The insides of the egglets were soft and chewy while those in Sg are hollow and hard.




And for dinner, we had 小肥羊 steamboat which my colleague recommended. We went to the branch near Langham Place. I felt that it was overrated but probably because I'm a picky eater and there wasn't much variety for me to choose from. 


After dinner, it was back to my favorite shopping centre Mongkok shopping centre (旺角中心) for more shopping.



& my purchases for the third day! ( heehee, that's my second pair of Vans).


& Vivian's splurge.



4th day. 

#selfie when I experimented with centre parting. Think I look pretty decent in it but the boyf didn't like it. He said I looked like a nerd.



And our first meal at a traditional 茶餐厅 near our hotel. 



Even the cashier is so #oldskool.



Wonderful shots by me but Vivian thinks they are ugly. She probably doesn't know how to appreciate artistic shots.




And our dinner at this amazing cafe in Mongkok. They serve delicious delicious delicious charsiew rice.




Was too tired that night and hence too lazy to take a picture of my purchases. But this was my favorite-est buy that night, and it was also the most expensive buy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment