Tuesday, July 2, 2013

26th Birthday

2 July 2013 - Birthday Celebration

This year's birthday made me feel really loved, really blessed. I can safely say that it's one of the best birthday celebration.
No big parties, no clubbing, no fancy celebration. Just a quiet and simple affair with the loved ones. 

Received many birthday greetings from friends whom I thought I've lost contact with. Received greetings from the close friends, family members and the beloved colleagues. And all these small and seemingly unimportant gestures, made me feel that I was remembered, that I was important to them.

I had the privilege to take my birthday time-off, and I decided to have some me-time before meeting up with the boyf in the evening for dinner. I seldom have the opportunity to dress up since I am at work most of the time, so I jumped at the chance to dress up myself to the nines. 

& so this was my coordinates for my 26th birthday.


Went for some makeup shopping at Tangs and Wisma before I headed for my manicure and pedicure session at Far East Plaza. To me, having pretty nails is as important as having nice make-up on the face. 
I have a package with this nail salon at Far East Plaza, and honestly, I signed up with them because it was relatively cheap. My gelish package (manicure/pedicure) cost only $150 for 6 sessions. However, I would advise against going for their services, because they are pretty unprofessional. The shop is run by a group of (I think) Vietnamese friends, and they are not the most meticulous manicurist. Sometimes I think I can do a much better job than them. My nails are occasionally filed to a weird shape or when there is an obvious flaw in the final product, they simply just ignore it. 

Anyway, that's my own experience. 
The nail salon is located at 
Beauty Nails Spa
14, Scotts Road #04-31
Far East Plaza
Tel: 68875773

Anyway, after my mani pedi session, I met up with the bestest BFF ever. Even though we only had 10 minutes to spend with each other, because I needed to rush off for my dinner, she insisted that she wanted to meet up. So touched. 

She passed me my surprise, which was really a surprise because I did not expect her to give that to me. She gave me a charm for my Pandora bracelet and it was a pretty fairy, which she also has. 
I guess she wanted to tell me, that she would always be my guardian angel that she already is, always there for me, through the ups and downs, through the thick and thin. 
Thank you Bops. :)


But I guess sometimes, she hates me as well, because she always takes the ugliest picture of me. I don't thinks she's cut out to become a photographer. Yes, she should remain as a teacher.


 And because its one of those days again where I craved for cupcakes, the BFF gladly oblige to pay for the cuppycakes :)
 After our very brief 10 minutes, I had to rush off because the boyf had made an appointment at Bornga Korean restaurant at Buona Vista at 7pm. According to him and the reviews, we needed to be punctual because the restaurant is pretty famous and gets really crowded during dinner time.

Bornga Original Korean Taste
The Star Vista, #02-24
Tel: 66944696

This year, I would say that part of the reason why I felt so blessed and loved was because the boyf  was there (physically) to celebrate this special day with me.

For the past 5-6 years, my birthdays was always spent with friends, shopping. Not that I don't enjoy it, but somehow it's just not as meaningful as spending it with the one you want to spend it with the most. And I am really glad that I can spend it with him this year.

Anyways, back to the restaurant, I LOVED this restaurant, because the service staff were so friendly and had super good customer service. They just made the whole dining experience so so pleasant. Food was good as well, pretty authentic Korean taste.



Food Food and more food!



The boyfriend patiently grilling all the food for me. Totally felt like a princess for the day! 







And by this time, we were really really full, but still want to eat. 






Good lightings = camwhore time.

And this was my #ootd #wiwt #lotd.
Dress : From Hong Kong
Clutch : Prada
Shoes: From Hong Kong


and my birthday present from him. So glad to receive this because I had all along wanted a necklace, so that I can always feel that he's close to my heart. Cliched but its the truth! 


That's the end of my birthday celebration. 
And thank you to those who had in one way or another made this day a really special day for me. 
And most importantly, thank you baby for everything you have done, so that I could enjoy this day to the fullest. and thank you for treating me like your little princess on this special day. 
 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment