Monday, July 8, 2013

Hong Kong Day 1 & 2

We have been counting down to the days of our Hong Kong trip. I guess both of us needed a break from work to recharge ourselves after months of slogging our hearts and bones out.

And finally 20th June came and our flight was scheduled to be 6.50am, which would mean that we needed to be at the airport by latest 5.30am.

Here's the first picture of us eating our Mac breakfast in the waiting lounge while waiting excitedly to board our plane and fly off to the land of dimsums and cheap masks.


The hotel that we stayed in is called Cityview Hotel and it was in a good location, just 2-3 minutes walk from Ya Mau Tei MTR station (exit from A2). We paid about $600 for 5D4N. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the size of the toilet. It was probably the tiniest toilet I have ever seen in a hotel. And it was impossible for you to wash your face at the sink without getting the floors of the toilet wet. It was REALLY hard to wash your face at the sink. 

Cityview Hotel
23 Waterloo Rd  Hong Kong
+852 2783 3888

After we checked into the hotel (and checking our whatsapp messages, because there was free Wifi), we decided to go get lunch and start SHOPPING. And our lunch was at the famous dessert shop in Hong Kong, (Xu Liu San).






We accidentally chanced upon this restaurant while shopping. We had wanted to try something traditional, something that so represents Hong Kong. We walked past this Cha Chan Teng and it was so crowded and we decided that this Cha Chan Teng must be really good, and we were not disappointed. It was probably the BEST dinner place to go to!

Tsui Wah Restaurant 
240-244 Portland St
Mong Kok



After dinner, we continued to shop and I was happy that I managed to scour some cheap finds in H&M, and my favourite to-go-to place, SaSa! 






and these were my loot of the day!


After a long tiring day, the best feeling has got to be after a long hot shower and some self-pampering time. 


Day 2 

We had traditional Hongkie breakfast on our second day. Macaroni, ham, bread and eggs! 
But it wasn't very delicious. 


And how can we tell people that we have to been Hongkong if we have never taken these mandatory shots with the MTR signs. We went pretty crazy over the MTR signs and we took every picture with every single MTR location that we went to.

Yau Ma Tei was the place we took our trains every single day.

Our first stop on our second day was at Lai Chi Kok and this was where all the wholesale clothings would be at.
Look out for Hong Kong Industrial Centre when you exit the MTR station Exit C or B1. 
It was pretty similar to BKK's platinum mall but things over at the industrial centre were MUCH more expensive than BKK's platinum mall. So I didn't get to spend much there. I felt that this place could be skipped as there are other malls in HK which has cheaper clothes. 




Prince Edward! I love this place cos that's where I found my Mrs Fields Cookies! I love love love Mrs Fields and I very much prefer it to Famous Amos, but I guess not all Singaporeans think the same as I do and sadly, all the branches in Singapore has closed down. Major SIGH. 

We alighted at Prine Edward because I wanted to go to "Fa Yuen Kai" street to buy sports shoes. Initially, I had intended to get a pair of New Balance shoes because I wanted to have a pair of comfortable walking shoes for travel, which can be easily matched with my dresses. However, after trying a couple of pairs, I realised sports shoes are not really my style. 

In the end I settled for Vans and I totally loved them! I couldn't decide on which colour I liked better and decided to get both, a distressed red and a turquoise pair. Both cost about $50 each which I thought was quite good a deal!


And here's me savouring every single bite of my brownies

We love this mango dessert shop so much that we have to come here everyday! 



A scene out of the TVB dramas that I used to watch.



Our dinner place at Lan Fang Yuen. Apparently this restuarant is very famous but I didn't like the food there. 











We were pretty lucky to be able to experience Typhoon No 1. But there wasn't much difference between this typhoon and our normal rain in Singapore.


After our dinner, we wanted to go experience the Symphony of Lights at 8pm. Regret of my life.
 So we took the MTR train and alighted at Tsim Tsa Tsui and we walked for about an 1hr before reaching our destination. 

It was really not worth the 1hour walk. Instead of appreciating the lights, both of us were camwhoring away.
But we did enjoy the Avenue of Stars along the way and had fun trying figure which celebrity those hands belong to.










And finally my purchases for my second day!

No comments:

Post a Comment