Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wimbly Lu

So after my very persistent requests to the boyf to bring me to Wimbly Lu, the boyf finally gave in to me and brought me there last Saturday. Have been wanting to go there for the longest time, because they serve CHOCOLATES, and very good ones (according to reviews). 

We arrived there at about 845pm and were shocked to see the queue. Reviews didn't mention anything about having to queue! But it was alright, because that would also mean that we are gonna get really good chocolate desserts! So we joined in the queue and got our table about 20 minutes later. Not sure if Wimbly Lu takes in reservations but no harm calling and give it a try! :) 

Wimbly Lu
15 Jalan Riang 
S358987
Tel: 6289 1489






I like the interior of the cafe. It is dimly lit, pretty decorations around and very cosy. And you get to see the yummy desserts on display as well!
For myself, I ordered the Rootbeer chocolate cake and boy, I did not regret my choice a single bit. It was an interesting combination, root beer and chocolate. You could taste a tinge of rootbeer which was not too overpowering. And the cake, was super moist! 

The boyf had initially wanted to order Lemon Meringue but it was sold out already. So he ordered the molten lava chocolate cake instead, which was nice! I could already smell the chocolate taste when the waitress brought it out on our table. 

After the dessert, we took a long stroll back to our car, hand in hand. Simple pleasures in life which I treasure very much. 

Talking about which, Wimbly Lu is very inaccessible because it is hidden inside the rows of landed property. So it would be good if you drive there, but parking legally is also another issue. 
But if I'm not wrong, the nearest MRT station would be Lorong Chuan. 


Overall, the experience at Wimbly Lu was a really pleasant one, even though we had to wait. I will definitely want to go back there again to try the other different desserts (will still order rootbeer chocolate cake again) like Eton mess, and flourless chocolate cake! 

Please go there if you haven't! 


No comments:

Post a Comment