Monday, September 30, 2013

On a Weekday Date - Drips Bakery Cafe

If you think a weekend date is your antidote for a long week of work,  try a weekday date!
I had the opportunity to have a weekday date with the boyf and I really loved it! 

The boy was on leave that whole week and I had some time off in the afternoon from work hence the boyf decided to bring me out on a weekday date!


We went to this bakery called the Drips Bakery Cafe.

Drips Bakery Cafe
82 Tiong Poh Road, #01-05
(S)160082

It is situated around Tiong Bahru Road and located in the midst of some really colonial-looking houses. Really a nice place to explore if you have the time. I saw Plain Vanilla Bakery and some other interesting cafes that I think are worth giving it a try!

Anyways back to Drips, as you can see from the picture, they specialize in tarts and their tarts are really pretty tasty!




Besides fruit tarts, they do have a wide variety of other tarts as well, like creme brulee and chocolate tarts.




The inside of the cafe. Besides regular tables and chairs, they have sofas and tables too. I think its good for studying or having informal small group meetings and not forgetting casual catch-ups with friends as well. 


I ordered a blackberry/raspberry fruit tart (about $8) and a pot of earl grey tea to share. 


The boyf ordered a blackberry almond fruit tart (about $8 too).


We loved the blackberry/raspberry fruit tart as the crust was super nice. But we didn't really enjoy the blackberry almond fruit tart. The blackberry almond fruit tart was a little too soft and I thought it tasted really weird.



and our #ootd! Made the boyf do it as well and he is a much better poser than me! 



And a couple pic of us, on a weekday date! *weeeeee


No comments:

Post a Comment