Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Weekend Feasting

The boyf have been really proactive in researching on new cafes and restaurants to bring me to recently. And I really appreciate this effort of his. I love exploring new parts of this city together with him, and in the process, creating new memories with him. 

So last week, while his parents were still in KL, the boyf decided to bring me to this restaurant which was really really secluded. The restaurant is situated off Sembawang Road, inside Sembawang Park. I would think that this restaurant is impossible to reach if you're not driving. 

Beaulieu House 
117 Beaulieu Road 

When I reached the premise of the restaurant, I was very impressed by the whole architecture of the house. It looked really beautiful at night. 
BUT, I'm wondering how the boyf got to know this place (definitely not through reviews from food bloggers), because if he had done his research, he would have known that this place is famous for its Chinese cuisine and seafood and not their western food! Unfortunately both of us ordered its western food and I was quite disappointed by the Aglio Oglio that I have ordered. It was nice, but it tasted more like Chinese Hokkien Mee. The boyf enjoyed his steak though. 

Interesting snippets of facts of Beaulieu House: 

1942-1945 : During the Japanese Occupation, the house was said to be used by the Japanese as Headquarters. There were watch towers behind the building overlooking the naval base. Rumors has it that there was tunnel leading to the bomb shelters that used to be located behind the park.



















That Sunday, the boyf's sister came back from KL & we wanted to bring her to eat egg Benedict (because both the boyf & I were craving for it) . 

The boyf decided to bring us to Maison Ikkoku.
Here's what we ordered; 4 sets of egg Benedict, iced chocolate for myself, orange juice for the sis, apple juice for the boyf and cuppacino for the mum. 

I really liked the food and my iced chocolate especially! Will definitely come back again for the egg Benedict!

Maison Ikkoku
20 Kandahar Street
Tel: 6294 0078 

Please do call in to reserve if you're going there on a weekend because it was full house when we went and had to wait for about 20 mins.






No comments:

Post a Comment