Monday, September 16, 2013

GRUB!

More feasting took place a couple of weekends back and we tried out more new places.

The first that we tried was the highly raved Grub situated inside Bishan Park.

GRUB
510, Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 
(Bishan Park 1)
Singapore 569983

We have been wanting to drop by GRUB for a really long time, but were quite deterred by the long queues that would form even before its opening.

We finally decided to give this place a chance on a Sunday morning and were pleasantly surprised that the queue was not very long. We didn't even have to wait at all for a seat. However, the waitress gave us a seat at a corner, directly in front of the ventilation fan and it was really hot! We were seated outdoor plus directly in front of the ventilation fan, just imagine the heat I had to withstand :(



As my stomach was not feeling really well, I did not want to have any fried food, so I ordered the Portobello Mushroom set, which I instantaneously regretted when I saw the waitress bringing it to me. 

It wasn't because it didn't taste nice, but I felt that the portion was too small. Doesn't look like I can get full from eating it. 
The portobello mushroom was nice, and juicy, but I didn't like the rocket salad that came with it. The taste was just too overpowering. Can't really remember the price, but I think it cost about $12 for this?


The boyf ordered one of their signature dish, the Fish Burger. Something that I would definitely order if I weren't sick. The boyf loves egg so much that he ordered another fried egg to go along with his fish burger. 

I tasted a bit of his fish burger, but I found it over-rated. The fish was really tender but, it wasn't as flavourful as I thought it would be. 



Here's the boyf really enjoying his food.

The total cost came up to be about $50 plus including 2 drinks which I thought was pretty reasonable. 

We didn't order the Churros because I'm not a fan of it as I cannot stand the cinnamon smell. But a colleague told me that their Churros does not have a cinnamon smell, so maybe I'll try it when I visit GRUB again!

After the food, we explored Bishan Park a bit since I've never ever been there before. I like where GRUB is located at because that place is just so quiet, calm and serene. 

A good place to take a little stroll to exercise off the calories from the food! 



No comments:

Post a Comment