Wednesday, May 29, 2013

[ REVIEW ] : Hada Labo Travel Set

I was suffering an outbreak 3 weeks ago and I really thank God that everything is back to normal now. My skin does not feel like there's thousands of tiny bumps. Because of the outbreak, I was religiously using my DRx products (CF, AB , Max C) and while the outbreak cleared up, the DRx products left me with really dry skin which flakes especially around the mouth area. My whole face felt very tight, uncomfortable and it looked really dull. So I wanted to add a more hydrating set of skincare to my regime but had no idea which. I needed to be extremely cautious not to apply anything that would aggravate my outbreaks or worsen my sensitive skin. So one day while I was walking around in Watson, I saw this Hada Labo travel set. From the advertisements on TV, Hada Labo promises to give you very hydrated skin with the *boink boink* effect. I decided to give this a try since it wasn't a skincare set that was too expensive. This set cost me $15.90 and I got the following; 

From L-R

1. Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Milk 20ml
2. Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion 20ml
3. Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Wash 20g
4.Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Make-up Remover 20ml



I have tried the make-up remover and I didn't quite like it. Felt that it was not good enough to remove all the make-up from my face. I had to use many drops of it to feel 'oily' enough to massage and remove the make-up off my face. But perhaps I was comparing it with my SK2 make-up facial oil which I really loved. 

For the hydrating wash, one thing that I didn't enjoy was the smell of it. I am not able to describe the smell, but I really disliked the smell of it. However, my face does feels clean after using it and does not gives me the tight feeling. Would probably continue using this since it's pretty gentle on the face. 

Next up is Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion and the Milk which are the star products of the travel set. I personally love this 2 products because after applying it on my skin, my skin no longer feels so tight and taut and the skin around my mouth doesn't peel anymore! 

And true to the advertisements, one drop is all you need! I would normally pour a drop onto my palm and then rub my palms together to warm the lotion before patting it onto my face (heard it increase the absorption of the product by the skin). 






For both the lotion and milk, they have a thick watery consistency. Initially I was still worried that the products might make my face feel sticky and oily and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. The products got absorbed very quickly into my skin. Just need to pat it a few more times.

The best selling point of this product was that it DID NOT worsen my breakout or cause any new breakouts!

And I also love packaging of the travel set. It came with this plastic folder which is still enough to fit my travel set SK2 facial cleanser and my Sulwalsoo Snowise sunblock. It's so convenient and I can easily fit it into my work bag. I bring it everywhere I go now, just in case I need to wash my face/reapply the products! 


I love my Hada Labo so much that I proceeded on to buy the second pack which has whitening properties as well. Will properly use it once my skin stabilizes more. 


Hope this review has been helpful to those of  you who's planning to try out Hada Labo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment