Sunday, May 19, 2013

Failed attempt #1


Was craving for brownies and I had been wanting to bake it for the longest time. Managed to get some time off work last week and that made it a good day to put my baking skills to use. I was researching for the easiest, fool-proof recipe and I managed to found one! What made the recipe more 'credible' was that it came from a blogger who had baked frequently. This particular blogger blogged about the recipe and she repeatedly emphasized that the brownie turned out to be really nice. I was full of hopes that my brownie will turned out to be like hers.

Ingredients 

An 8" circle baking tin for baking the brownies in

Non-stick cooking spray
♥ -- 2 eggs
♥ -- 1/2 cup butter (melted, salted. if you do not have salted butter, use 1/2 teaspoon salt)
♥ -- 3/4 cup white sugar
♥ -- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
♥ -- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
♥ -- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
♥ -- 3 tablespoons chocolate milk (or only 2 tablespoons if you like it fudgey!)
♥ -- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Steps 

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Spray your non-stick cooking spray over your 8" baking tin, or if you don't have cooking spray, grease it lightly with butter.
Step 2: Combine the vanilla extract, sugar, and butter in a big bowl. Mix well
Step 3: Add the eggs in, one by one while mixing thoroughly.
Step 4: Carefully combine the cocoa powder and flour to your previous mixture. This will thicken up the batter a lot, so don't freak out if it's really dry, we'll be adding milk in a bit
Step 5: Pour in 3 tablespoons of chocolate milk and lightly stir in the chocolate chips. It will take a minute or two of constant slow stirring for your batter to absorb the chocolate milk in, but once it does.
Step 6: Pour the batter evenly into your greased baking pan and set the timer for 40-50 minutes, or until you insert a toothpick / chopstick and it comes out clean.

credits to: shiberty

See, it looks pretty idiot-proof right? I followed the recipe step for step but I have no idea why my brownie turned out to be more like a cake, a very dry cake for that matter. :(

I'm guessing it was the flour or the amount of time I baked it in the oven. From my past baking experiences, I had just used normal flour instead of self-raising flour. Was wondering if it was the flour that made it taste more like a cake and not the fudgey fudgey kinds.

Of course, I will continue to try baking brownies again and not be deterred by this one failed attempt!
Fighting Fighting!





No comments:

Post a Comment