Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Dad's 60th Birthday

Dad, mine and my niece's birthdays all fall in the month of July. 

Today's the 17th and it's my niece's birthday! That little girl has grown up so much already and is demanding for an iPad as her birthday present! Kids these days....
Doesn't even know how to type and spell, yet demanding for an iPad.

So anyway, 12 July was my dad's birthday and since my brother's family will not be coming back to our house as it is the fasting month, the hubs and I decided to bring my father for a dinner to celebrate his big 60th. 

My mum used to tell me... that when you're 59, it's a "dangerous" age to be in. You either make it to your 60th or you'll die when you're 59 (not sure where she heard this from). This saying was actually quite scary because earlier this year, my father had a cancer scare and I thought this saying was coming true. But I'm glad it's all over and whether the saying was true or not, my father did make it and we would be celebrating his 60th! :) 

Hmmm.... yea, I'm still at the #wefie stage. 

I was makeup-less, and had only applied lipstick ! See how amazing my camera is, and how important a lipstick is to brighten and lit up your entire face!



So this year, we brought them to Thai Village for his birthday celebration. Initially, he had not want to go to this restaurant, because it is pretty expensive, but my mum persuaded him to go. 

Some pictures while we were waiting for our food. Must make use of my new camera!




And the dishes that we had ordered.

Shark fins soup to share. 
I know there are tons of  people out there who are anti-sharkfin cuisine, but I really love my sharkfins soup. I'm sorry. 


Crab beehoon. The hubs think that there is a smell to it, I guess he was referring to the ginger taste, but I love it. The only time I can have my seafood is when I'm with  my own family because the hubs does not like seafood. He does not know what he is missing out in life. 


Some salted chicken or something. Totally didn't look like the picture in the menu, and I regretted ordering this, because it was so so salty! No, I don't like this dish!


Fried beancurd, which is tasteless on its own, but delicious when dipped in the sauce that they gave. Crispy on the outside, and soft in the inside!


This dish needs no further introduction. Broccoli with scallops. Too little scallops I think. I only got to eat one, unless the hubs had taken more than (teehee)! 


Seafood fried rice! This dish was the last dish (I've no idea why), and by the time it came my stomach was almost filled to the brim already. But I still tried squeezing it in! Love it still. 


And finally a family photo! 

The bill came up to almost $300. It would have been much lesser if we had not ordered the shark fin's soup, but I thought the money was well spent! $300 for the smile on dad's face. Priceless. 


And an #ootd #wiwt shot by the mum! Not bad I must say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment