Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Long weekend

I had an amazing, meaningful, fun-filled long weekends and how I wish all my weekends can be like this! 

I was invited to a colleague's Hari Raya open house and this is my 2nd time celebrating it with my Malay colleagues. I love love her house because there were twinkling lights and it was my FIRST time seeing it, so I HAD to do an #ootd with it! So here is my #ootd for that day, a brand new dress that my mum spoilt by ironing over the piece of delicate lace :( Major sigh. 

I had a great time catching up/bitching/gossiping (haha) with my colleagues. The boyf was very nice and he came to pick me up from my colleague's house after his tuition. I was in the mood for my cam-whore and I started to force him to take pictures with him! 

Not sure what happened to him, but he was extremely sweet to me! :) 
We rented a double seater bicycle for $15 and I had great fun cycling (mostly because he was doing the hard work, while I was taking pictures of myself and our little adventures)

After cycling, we planned to pop by The Cheesecake Factory at Frankle Ave to get some dessert fix but when we reached, we left disappointed as it wouldn't be opened until like 430pm? Damn the weird opening hours! 

I briefly recalled that there was a pancake place nearby and decided to google, and we found Strictly Pancakes. 

Strictly Pancakes
81 Upper East Coast Road
Tel: 6448 7332

I ordered crab cake patty pancake while he ordered Apple caramelized pancakes. 
I enjoyed mine because there were so much crab meat in it. The boyf enjoyed his, but I thought his look like you can get pretty sick of it ('gelat'). 

That same night, the boyf's mother wanted to give us a treat because she just got some money from the government (her GST money) and she decided on Vienna International Buffet at United Square. 

Vienna International Buffet
101 Thomson Road #B1-01 
United Square 
Tel: 6254 6686

If you are a seafood lover, you will love the food there! Better to make reservations before you go down because it can get really crowded during dinner time! Total bill for 4 us came up to be about $212, so not very cheap.

On Sunday (last day of the long weekend), the boyf again made me really happy by bringing me to Blisshouse, a restaurant that I had wanted to go after seeing pictures of how pretty it is! 
Both of us ordered the breakfast set which was so huge that we had difficulty finishing all, and taking the complimentary tea and orange juice. 

Food was so-so, because the poached eggs were too bland, my bacon was too fried and tasted more like keropok. I liked the sauteed mushrooms though, but the boyf didn't like it! 

We had some time to kill before our food came, so we explored the whole restuarant (as it was empty!) and took a couple of pictures. I love love the place. So blissful!

Blisshouse
6 Eu Tong Seng Street
The Central 
Tel: 6225 5532
























Hahaha, I then forced the boyf to take some silly heart shots with me and I was glad that he was spontaneous enough to play along with me! :)


































































All in all, I had a really amazing fantabulous weekend, all thanks to the boyf who was really accommodating to bring me to all these places! I wouldn't exchange these wonderful memories that we have created for anything else in the world! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment