Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Daily makeup

In an attempt to achieve good skin, I decided to stop using make-up since last year. 
Previously, I was using Chanel Matte Lumiere foundation and somehow, no matter how thorough I remove my makeup, I would end up getting little bumps on the sides of my cheeks. Hence with much deliberation & also courage to face the world with my bare naked face, I stopped using make up. It was a really tough decision since I've been using make up since I was 17years old, and also my job requires me to meet people regularly. However all in the name of good skin, I took the plunge! (but sad to say, the skin condition didn't change for the better even without applying makeup, damn!) 

Anyhows, I was once again inspired to put on make up after realizing that I look really haggard without make up on. And I really love to try on new make up products, so my heart itched for me to return back to this love. 

During my trip to Hong Kong this year ( the land of cheaper makeups), I chanced upon ettusais again. When I first started out using make up, my first foundation was from ettusais because it was suitable for acne-prone skin and it had really good coverage! I ended up using it for a couple of years until I became older (and richer, hehe) and changed my foundation to Chanel. 

Anyways back to my story, during the trip I chanced upon ettusais and was really tempted to get their bb cream. Have been wanting to try bb creams but because I am not a fan of liquid foundations, for the irrational fear that it will clog up every single pores I have, I had stayed away from bb cream ever since the rave about bb creams started. 

However, I decided to just go for it, because I recalled how good ettusais's products were for acne-prone skin & the other push factor was because it was cheaper than in SG! 
Since it was my birthday month, I decided to 'force' a good friend of mine to get it for me & to my surprise she kindly obliged! Many loves to her! 

So, cut the long story short, I bagged the ettusais's BB mineral white SPF 45, colour 30 and have not regretted since. I love it, love it, love it! The only grouch was why hadn't I tried it earlier! 

The bb cream feels so light on the skin, you can barely feel anything! It doesn't feel sticky nor oily! And you will just need a bit to apply to the whole face! It is only retailing for approx $30? And I guess I would be able to use this whole tube for a really really long time! 

Another reason why I like this bb cream is that the coverage is very good! I could also do without applying the mineral powder and my skin will look like its glowing! Totally nothing that I disliked about this bb cream! 

After the bb cream, I would then use Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer in Shade 02 on my dark circles and around the eye area. This concealer was introduced by a friend and I really liked it, because it does not crease after a day of work. 

Usually after applying the bb cream, for a matt look, I will apply a layer of mineral powder over to set the bb cream. The mineral powder that I'm using is coincidentally from ettusais as well! The mineral powder is BB mineral powder, color 30. I bought this when I was in Taiwan last year, and I can never finish using it! I hope it hasn't expired yet! *prays hard* but I guess not, otherwise my face would have rot by now.

What I love most about my bb cream + mineral powder is that even after a long day at work, even after the make up has oxidized, my skin still looks pretty fair and  doesn't look grey or black like other foundations. And the best part? I have not gotten any little tiny bumps since I started using these 2 products! So I can vouch that it's definitely non-comodogenic and its really affordable!! Doesn't have to burn a hole in your pocket in your quest for beauty!

After the base, I would apply some blusher on the cheeks of my face. And guess what, my blusher is also from ettusais as well. I'm definitely not advertising for ettusais but I really love their products and I've been returning to their counters to get different make up products, so that just goes to show how much I love and trust their products. 

I love this blusher because it is so adorable and so easy to bring it around. The sponge to dab the blusher on can also be changed, just get it from ettusais counter. I am using the color PK2. 

On the eye, I'm using Dollywink's liquid eyeliner and Heroine Make's Long & Curl mascara. Both that I bought from Hong Kong. Initially I had just wanted to try the Dollywink's eyeliner and now I'm addicted to it! It's so sharp and so easy to draw on the eyes. I heard from a friend that Singapore has stopped importing the Dollywink's eyeliner and I hope it's not true! 

Anyway, that's the end of my daily make-up & I'm readdddddy to go watch my Phantom of the Opera.


No comments:

Post a Comment