Tuesday, September 13, 2016

So much WIN!

Pardon me, but I really think I'm a genius for being able to successfully bake these macarons within my 2nd try! Haha!

But honestly, these are really not easy to bake. Just to bake 2 batches of these, I spent a total of 4 hours plus in the kitchen. My back and feet were breaking at the end of the baking session. However, the pain was worth it when I saw these beauty rising in the oven. 

Also thankfully, I chose the right recipe. Credits to Foodie Baker. Definitely my go-to blog when I need to find other recipes to bake or cook in the future!

I think there were 2 learning points from baking macarons this time and I think they are the main reasons why my macarons succeeded. 

1. Patience. Loads of it. I can't emphasize how important this is!
After piping, you will need to let the macarons rest, until the top of the shell is no longer shiny. It should be matte before you popped it in the oven. Another indicator that the shell is ready is to slightly touch the top of the shell and if the batter does not stick to your hand, then you're ready to bake it!

2. Temperature. I think you really need to trial and error and see what temperature is best to bake your macarons. I tried the first one at 180 deg but the shells cracked, though it had beautiful feet. For the second batch, I baked it at 150 deg and the results were perfect! But my oven's 150 deg may be different from yours and the author's of the recipe, so you really need to play with your own oven!



Okay, here's the print screen of the recipe from Foodie Baker! Sorry it's a little untidy. Otherwise you can google foodiebaker's recipe! 

Good luck and enjoy the 4 hours! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment