Sunday, September 18, 2016

Cooking Adventures: Chicken mushroom Baked Rice & Fried Enoki Mushroom

Since my nose become less sensitive as the months go by, I regained my passion for cooking & baking. 

The husband had craving for baked rice one weekend evening and I decided to cook it for him, since it seemed relatively easy from the recipe I've found through Noob Cook .

If the print screen that I've included in this post is too small, please head over to the author's blog to find the recipe!

This meal was so easy to make, and so delish that the husband said that it was the best baked rice he has ever eaten!




That same night, I was also craving for Fried Enoki Mushroom after seeing my friend had it in one of her instagram post. I wanted to go to the cafe to have it too, but I felt that $7 was too expensive for enoki mushrooms. So I planned to cook it myself. 

However, that day was the day that I had spent so many hours in the kitchen (macarons making) since I got pregnant, and my back and legs were really giving up on me. I couldn't continue to make the mushroom, so the Husband had kindly volunteered to cook it for me!

And this was the end result. Very nice I say! Craving totally satisfied :) 
But our lesson learnt was that we shouldn't attempt to cook the entire pack of enoki mushroom just for the 2 of us. Too much, and we ended up throwing some away. 



Here's the recipe for the Fried Enoki Mushroom, taken from Happy Recipe.



It was a super satisfying dinner. And that's why they say, homecooked meals are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment