Sunday, August 23, 2015

Cooking Adventures: Seafood Paella

So happy that the seafood paella I made over the weekend tasted reasonably decent. Not the most authentic paella but it was good enough to satisfy my paella cravings. 

Never ever gonna pay $50 for a pan of paella anymore! I can now cook it myself! :) :) 

First tried paella when I was on travelling in Spain many years ago and fell in love with the dish. When I went back to UK, my room mate attempted to make and I saw how tedious it was to make it, and hence I had put off trying to make my own paella even when I came back. Also, the ingredients,  to make paella, especially Bomba rice and saffron threads are not easily found in Singapore. 

During my honeymoon trip, I happened to pass by a shop that sold everything Spanish at Borough market and I immediately grabbed a 1kg packet of rice and a box of saffron threads! The next time I'm there, I would definitely want to get the paella pan! I made mine yesterday using non-stick pan and there wasn't any burnt crust, which is the nicest part of paella. So I definitely need the pan!

And so here I was yesterday, trying to whip up my own seafood paella, and it was successful!! 
The whole process took about 1 hour and honestly, it was fairly easy to make. Can't wait to cook it again, but I need to find another source of Bomba rice. Anyone who knows where to get it in Singapore, please let me know okay!







2 comments:

  1. I recently just got back from studying abroad in Seville, Spain. The seafood paella there was amazing. The clams and the shrimp were soaked with flavor. I haven't tried cooking it yet, but those pictures of your paella definitely make me want to try. An hour doesn't seem so hard, and it looks totally worth it.

    Megan Anderson @ Café Fina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. glad it looks appetizing enough!:)
      go try it!! you'll get a sense of achievement after that

      Delete