Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Learning to bake #1

I've always enjoyed baking because I've a really sweet tooth! I love cakes, brownies, cupcakes, muffins....everything sweet! But I've never been a good baker, sometimes the bakes fail and turn out to be totally inedible, sometimes the bakes turn out to be really tasty! 

Some weeks ago, I chanced about a bakery website which also conducts baking lesson! And they were conducting classes for Earl Grey Lavender cake, and these 2 flavours are my favourites! So I decided to ask a good friend along to learn baking with me. The class that we joined cost $118, which was pretty expensive in my opinion, but we get to bring home our self-made 6" cake. 

Here we were, at Bakers' Brew Studio for our lesson and I immediately went to "chope" the pink kitchenaid! It has always been a dream to own a kitchenaid because it makes baking so much easier and that kitchenaid was in my favourite colour!





Us getting busy making the batter for our  sponge cake layers. 








Tadaaahhh, our 6 layers are done, and it smelt heavenly!


This was my final product.

I have never bake a cake on my own before, and I realised, it is not an easy job. Making the sponger layers were easy but it was the spreading of the frosting that was ccrazily difficult. It was so difficult to spread the frosting to ensure that all parts were covered up, no holes present and to smooth-en the frosting on the cake.

I gave up a few times doing it and requested help from the instructor. Heh heh, that's why my cake looks pretty decent. 

Now, I can't wait for my next class on 12/9 for Salted Caramel Chocolate cake! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment