Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Special Day!

Last Monday, 24th February 2014, I experienced the most magical feeling I've ever experienced in my whole 27 years of life.

I was officially married. Married to someone whom I know will take good care of me, someone who will always put me before himself and someone who will always be my companion.

We registered our marriage officially on that day, at 4.30pm. Both of us were extremely excited for days before the big day, eagerly preparing our own vows. The husband (teehee) couldn't sleep well, and had recurring dreams about his vows.

Despite being an  introvert and someone who does not know how to express himself in words, he put in a lot of effort in his vows, and for that, I am extremely appreciative and grateful for it.

We opted for a simple affair, so we held our ROM at ROM itself. But it was not a simple affair after all, cause many of his relatives turned up for the ceremony.








Us waiting to exchange our rings and read our vows. Truth to be told, I didn't know what the now-husband was saying when he was reading his vows, because I was so overwhelmed with emotions and kept sobbing. But I'm glad we both wrote our vows on a card that I've prepared so that I can always keep it and refer to it in the future, or show it to my children/grandchildren!




























Since young, I have always wanted to have a birthday celebration, but never got around to organizing one. Because I was always afraid that maybe my friends might not want to attend my birthday celebration what if nobody actually turned up for the celebration. Hence I never had any birthday celebrations in my life, not for my 18th, not for my 21st. 

On my ROM day, it was the first time I had a celebration for any sorts, with me and the husband as the center of attraction. We had a mini celebratory dinner at his house and ordered 4 seasons buffet. 
Since I didn't extend the invitation to my relatives as my parents didn't see the need to, I took the chance to invite my closer friends to share this special moment with me. And I was really glad that they made time to come down to woodlands to share my joy! Really really appreciative of their efforts! :)

And I was finally able to experience how it feels like to have everyone celebrating together with me. 





















I had an extremely amazing, fabulous, wonderful ROM.
Despite the simplicity of the event, I felt blessed, felt love and felt like I would be the happiest woman in the whole wide world. I believe I will be.

And now, I am officially Mrs Cai. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment