Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Korea and Taiwan Travelogue (11th January - 29th January 2014)

Jeju Day 1 Part 2 

As I am writing this post, I'm feeling extremely upset and frustrated with myself. :( 
Wanted to start blogging about my korea trip but when I opened up the "Notes" app on my iphone, every single notes was gone, including my korea itinerary. This post, unfortunately may be the last post of my Korea trip, because I am not able to remember every single destination I have been to. 

I will try to continue this post as best from my memory and please pardon me if I give inaccurate names of places etc. 


The next destination we went was the O'sulloc tea museum. Just googled and realised that "O" means to appreciate and enjoy and "sulloc" is a kind of tea. This museum teaches visitors about the Korea's traditional tea culture. 

In the museum, there is a cafe where you can order their green teas or green tea ice-cream.There is also an observatory on the 2nd/3rd level of the museum where you can enjoy the views of the nearby green tea fields. 

There is also this patch of grass where we took a lot of selfies and couple shots together! And honestly, this was my favourite part of the museum cos I love how the grass patch looks and we seldom get to see this kind of grass patches in Singapore!



The boyfriend acting cool.










There is also this huge innisfree shop inside the musuem, and I guess that's where innisfree get their green tea from to make their skincare products. 


And the vast green tea fields! 







I bought the green tea ice-cream but didn't manage to finish it because it was just too cold!


and I found a good place to take my #ootd #wiwt shots! This was probably one of the few days where I took my #ootd shots cos the rest of the days in Korea, I was simply freezing and wrapped up in my layers of jacket!


The view from the observatory. I swear it didn't look like this when I was up there! It was much nicer!




After the tea museum, our driver Mr Cook brought us to a nearby place to have lunch. 
He ordered for us as he knew the place better and he ordered an abalone bimbimbap for us! This was the first time I had bimbimbap.

If you are looking for my abalone in the below picture, don't bother. Because the slices were so thin and small, I couldn't even taste that it was abalone. Abalone aside, the dish tasted alright.

And this cost about 12,000 won. 


Next up, we were at the Alive Musuem, which was similar to the Trick Eye Museum which made use of optical illusion to entertain the visitors.  I had the admission fees in my "Notes" but now, I can't remember how much the admission fees was!

But anyway, we had lotsa fun in the museum, trying to take all these pictures!
I'll just leave you with these pictures :)




































Next up, we proceeded to one of the many waterfalls in Jeju, the Jeongbang waterfall.
It was again, a beautiful sight for someone like me, cos it's not everyday that we get to see waterfalls in Singapore. I don't even think there's one in Singapore. 
Googled and got these info: The waterfall is the only waterfall in Asia that falls directly into the ocean. There is an inscription on the wall of the waterfall that says "Seobulgawacha" referring to Seobul passing by this place. Seobul was a servant of the Chinese Emperor Jin who was ordered by the Emperor to find substance that would make him immortal .

Pretty interesting huh. Didn't know of this before I went. 
































After Jeongbang waterfalls, we headed to a wharf, which I can't remember the exact name! (do let me know if you happen to know!)

And this wharf looked like the Fisherman's Wharf in Taiwan. 

We walked on and on, until we came to this lallang fields, and I love love lalang fields because they make every pictures look so nice!












After taking many nice pictures with the beautiful lalangs, we went to the _________ (I can't remember the name again! Damn the "Notes" app!!) 

As it was nearing sunset, it was pretty difficult to take pictures of me and the rock due to light exposure but the rock itself was so beautiful.

Look at the one I took. I think I can develop it and sell it! Totally look like a masterpiece (heh heh heh!)
















And our final destination, was the Hallasan Mountain which was extremely extremely beautiful! The drive up the mountain was equally amazing. We both fell asleep halfway through the ride, but when I woke up, we were going round and round up to the mountain. I felt as if I was in a winter wonderland, a scene right out of fairytales.

The moutain was covered in snow, it was foggy and simply beautiful! and not to mention, freezing cold as well. 

It was the first time we witnessed and played with snow together and we had lotsa fun just touching and kicking the snow around. 

Day 1 ended beautifully, and by this time, I was already very much in love with Korea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment