Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Taipei #ootd #wiwt

Followed my husband for his Taipei work trip a few weeks ago (16 Sept - 20 Sept). This was probably the shortest trip I have ever made. But it was enjoyable nontheless, because I got to spend time with the husband and also have some me-time to myself while he was out at work.

This trip was much needed (even though I just got back from a 1001 trips this year), because it was a respite for me. These days, I'm gradually starting to dread work, and feel so mentally and physically drained out because of work. Now that I am back, I'm not much better but.... I think its slightly better than before I went on this trip.

Despite having gone to Taipei for so many times, I find myself learning new things every time I go. This trip, I learnt ......

1. Beside Chia Te, there's other better pineapple tarts. Was staying at Le Meridien this time, and they offered 2 Chocoart pineapple tarts. They were chocolate pineapple tarts. Love it on my first bite! I love it so much that I had to buy a box of it back. They were pretty costly as compared to Chia Te, probably about SGD $20+ for a box of 8 (after the discounts).

2. Second thing I learnt, was Taiwan's bottled Panna Cotta. Panna Cotta is an italian dessert of sweetened cream thickened with gelatine. I've seen Panna Cotta around in Singapore, but I've never gotten down to trying it because it doesn't look really appetizing to me. This time in Taipei, I only got down to trying it because they were giving out free samples while I was walking around the supermarket. It was also love on my first bite. So milky..so creamy, but so smooth. And it was in a bottled form which made it very convenient to eat and walk around. They cost about TWD$60-$70. Not sure if the panna cotta is a new rage in Taipei because I don't remember seeing them previously. Now, they are all selling at those bakery, desserts counters. Can easily find them either in Supermarkets, dessert counters at Sogos.

This trip was a foodie trip to me, because everything I bought back was food! I bet I put on a few kilos after this trip.

Because this trip was a pretty rushed and short trip, we did not get to explore Taipei or outside of Taipei. But was really appreciative of the husband, who didn't mind going to night markets with me after his work. Big big kisses and hugs to him!

As we didn't go sightseeing, we did not manage to take many pictures/couple pictures. So here's my #ootd #wiwt pictures from my Taiwan trip.

Taipei City Hall MRT

Top: Ms Selfridge (years ago, but never got round to wearing it)
Shorts: factorie
Shoes: New balance (a present from the husband!)
Bag: Furla 


In front of Breeze Mall (at Taipei City Hall)

Dress: from taobao.com
Shoes: Charles & Keith
Bag: Furla 

In front of eslite mall (at Taipei City Hall)
Top: Fayth Label
Skirt: taobao.com
Shoes: New Balance
Bag: Furla

Xi Men Ding
Dress: Topshop (London)
Shoes: random shop at Xi Men Ding 

Tao Yuan Airport
Outer dress: mds 
Inner white top: Agneselle 

No comments:

Post a Comment