Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Exploring the Red Dot : Tiong Poh Road Escapade

The hubby and I had a staycation at Hard Rock Hotel (Sentosa) in Sept 2015, thanks to my maternal aunt. 

The husband had been wanting to bring me to the cafe Forty Hands for the longest time, this staycation made it the perfect day to explore the cafe since it was so near Sentosa. 

Forty Hands 
78 Yong Siak Street #01-12
S163078

I had pretty high expectations of Forty Hands because it was so highly raved online. But I was so disappointed by the food. I didn't even bothered to take pictures of it. 

I had french toast, that was so drenched with honey that it made it coyingly sweet and "gelat". I couldn't finish it at all. Any more bites of the toast could potentially give me diabetes. 

We ordered a side dish of truffle fries as I had been craving for truffle fries. Another disappointment. 
The fries were soggy and I didn't like my fries soggy. 

We also shared a cup of iced chocolate. I had expected Forty Hands to serve better iced chocolate, since it was a pretty reputable cafe, known for its coffee. But, the iced chocolate that we had ordered tasted no more than cheap chocolate milk. 

The husband ordered eggs benedict, but I can't remember what his opinions were. Probably nothing fantastic, given the standard of the other food. The bill came up to a whopping $50 which I thought was too expensive! :( Probably will not return again though. 

After our brunch, the husband was so excited to explore Tiong Poh Road to find good backgrounds to take #OOTD shots with me. I was totally touched that he is as enthusiastic as me to take nice #OOTD shots. What have I done to deserve such an amazing husband? 

So here are some of the better shots that we took at Tiong Poh Road. 




 
     Dress: ASOS (long time ago)


No comments:

Post a Comment