Sunday, March 1, 2015

February 2015: My favourite month!

I guess besides July, February also counts as my favourite month of the year because there's just so many occasions to celebrate. We have the Chinese New Year (long holiday as well!), my ROM anniversary and my dating anniversary! 

To celebrate our anniversary, the husband had bought a Groupon deal for a 3 days 2 night stay at Quincy Hotel priced at $499. Turned out, this groupon deal was the best deal we have ever purchased. 

We checked in on the 27th and I had requested for an early check in which they had obliged to, for us to prepare the room and ourselves for our photo shoot. Photo shoot again?! Yes, I told the husband I wanted to document our lives together, so we would go for a photo shoot every year during our anniversary. 

So anyways, the room was clean and tidy and it came with a bathtub. Perfect for our photo shoot later. Of cos it didn't come with the craftholic bears. I brought it along with me as props for the photo shoot. But what the hotel came with was its complimentary mini-bar, and they were definitely not stingy with the food available! It's the first time I've been to any hotel with complimentary mini bar and I thought it was a really generous gesture. The husband had actually prepared 4 packets of drinks and brought it along with us to the hotel, not knowing that there was complimentary mini bar!

Besides the complimentary mini bar, Quincy Hotel also offered whole day complimentary light refreshments by Dean & Deluca and Modestos. Super yums!


Upon reaching the hotel, we had to prepare unfolding the poms poms to prepare for the photo shoot. When I was unfolding the poms, I realised why vendors charged so much for doing it. It was pretty tedious trying to unfold those poms. Fortunately the poms came to good use when it came to taking my daily #ootds.


Here's a brief tour of the hotel room. I had taken these photos hastily to send to our photographer. 




See, making good use of the poms poms. 

The photographer that we had engaged was Smittenpixels.She's pretty famous in the instagram-sphere and that was where I had noticed her works and really liked them! Can't wait for her to start working on the pictures!

It was the most relaxing photo shoot we have ever taken, because most of the poses were on bed. And it was also taken in the comfort of our own hotel room, with aircon!! 


After the photo shoot, we decided to make full use of the club benefits and off we went to the gym!


Then it was time for our dinner! While we were deciding where to go for dinner, we were informed that our vouched entitled us to free breakfasts, lunch and dinners! We were quite taken aback, because we were not informed during check in, nor did the groupon voucher said so. 

Took a look at the dishes and they looked yummy, especially the fried chicken wing and hence we decided to stay on for the complimentary dinner!

To add more joy to the already shock-and-happy us, they presented us with a complimentary tiramisu cake and a handwritten card to celebrate our anniversary. 

Besides the room that we have paid for, it seemed like everything else of the hotel stay was complimentary. Totally great for couples who are on a budget!

After the dinner, we proceeded to Suntec City to run an errand and for some shopping and that concluded our Day 1 of our staycation. 

Really enjoyed every moment of it!


Day 2 saw us lazing on the bed after breakfast until the husband suggested to go for a swim at their mini-infinity pool.


After our swim, we decided to for our anniversary lunch instead of dinner! 
And of course a couple photo and #ootd!


Making use of my poms again! 


For our anniversary lunch (supposedly dinner), I made an appointment at Margaritas the Mexican Restaurant located at Dempsey. 

Decided on this restaurant because I had used to work at Margaritas (the Faber Drive branch) when I just 17 years old. I remembered seeing the customers ordering the beef fahitas and always thought that it was a pity I didn't take beef cos that dish looked delish. I also missed eating the brownie with coconut ice-cream and my chimichanga too. So I decided to bring the husband there to try out the food!

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant 
11 Dempsey Road 
Singapore 249673
6471 3228

Us, taking selfies while waiting for our food. 



What we ordered:  Nachos with salsa (used to be on the house), chicken chimis for myself and beef fahitas for the husband.

I'm glad he enjoyed the food :)



Day 3: Time to check out and say good bye to the carefree lifestyle we had for the past 2 days. 
Major sigh. 

Not forgtting #ootd #wiwt 



Goodbye Quincy and I am sure we will be back again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment