Sunday, September 28, 2014

Wedding Talk: The invites are here!!

Before I show you my reallly realllllly reallllllllly nice invites, let me show you a really reallly reallllly nice #wefie of my new hair and the husband. 

I finally managed to book a slot with my hairsylist, John from Salon Vim for a very much needed haircut. 

Even John lamented on my very out-of-shape and limp hair when I first arrived at Salon Vim. Really embarrassed to tell him that my last hair cut was in February this year when I was in Seoul. The naive me thought that I would need to grow out my hair for the wedding. But I was proven wrong when my MUA told me that my hair was pretty unmanageable and difficult to style it into an updo because it was simply too thick and heavy. 

So, I finally went to cut it! And this is my new hair. Honestly, not much of a difference. The mother and mother in law said that there was no difference. There is okay! I spent $63 on this hair so definitely, there has to be a difference!

My hair is now layered (you can see from the beautiful curls they curled for me) and my fringe is.... still at its annoying length. John had refused to cut any shorter for me, because he said that I would need the length for the wedding. So, since hairstylist knows the best, I left it up to him. 

I can also booked an appointment with John, the day after wedding, so that I can cut it short! Can't wait for that!


Okay. End of hair talk. Now, moving on to the invites!!!

Really super super excited to receive my invites and it signified that we are one step closer to our wedding preparations! We are now ready to invite our guests to celebrate this special occasion with us! :) 

So here it is. Idea was adapted from some other invites that I managed to find online, and after like 1-2 months of ding-dong(ing) here and there, we finally decided on this and got it all printed out!



Amidst all the excitement and googoogaagaaing over the designing of the invite, I left out a very important detail while vetting the draft of the invite; the space for me to insert the name of my guests. *facepalms*

So the very brilliant me, decided to go get envelopes for the invites so that we could write the guests' name on the envelope instead of on the invite itself. 

And I did not want the whole envelope to cover the invite, so we had to cut the envelopes into half, and then slot the invite into the half-envelope. 


And this was the hubby and I on a Saturday night at 1am, painstakingly cutting all 100 envelopes into half and slotting the invites into the envelope.



And this is how the end product looked like! I can't wait for my friends' comments about the invite. and I hope they loved it as much as I do!

Our printer was from Papypress and they are really good, even though I felt that the service and time taken to reply the mails were a little.... too long. But they were really nice, as they took the initiative to help us tie up the invite card to the photo strip and that helped to save us a lot of time!


Can't wait to distribute them out now! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment