Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wedding Talk: Digio photoshoot

Our original day of photoshoot was supposed to be on a Sunday, but we changed it to a Thursday after we realised that everywhere would be pretty crowded on a weekend which would result in strangers photo bombing our pictures. 

On hindsight, we felt that we were less prepared and less nonchalant about this photo-shoot because it was our 3rd wedding photo-shoot. We became complacent and we had definitely regretted it thereafter :( 
The suits and gowns were so much better looking and we should have put in more effort into this photo-shoot. But nevertheless, we enjoyed the photo-shoot all the same, even though we were really really dead beat by the time the photo-shoot had ended at 8pm!! That meant that we had a 12 hour photo-shoot (including the makeup etc.)

This time, my MUA was Cleo Chang. You can see her works at her facebook or her website. I've hyperlinked her website and you can see it from here! :) 

Honestly, her services are pretty expensive, much more expensive than other MUA around, but I really like her works. Very natural, yet glam enough for photoshoot/actual day wedding. 

What attracted me to her was the use of airbrush instead of using sponges during makeup application. I was quite turned off by one of the MUA (you can read it from previous posts) and she was so unhygienic, reusing the makeup sponges. God knows how many faces the sponge that she used had come into contact with. Definitely don't want to risk my face having outbreaks right before the wedding! The use of airbrush also made foundation application a breeze and very natural. Not cakey at all!

But if you want to engage her, make sure you book her early enough, as she's quite well-raved and her schedule is pretty tight!

So this was my first look of the day and I absolutely LOVE it. I totally felt like a Korean princess with the hairdo and hair accessory, even though the husband did not agree with me. It's okay. He probably didn't know how a Korean princess should look like. 



My hairdo and the hair accessory. She said she got it from Korea I think. This hairband is definitely something different from the over-used tiara. 

I requested for an updo bun. And I love the way it turned out. So clean and classy. And sweet too! 

Okay, I sound a little thick skin praising myself! But I'm not! I am praising the skills of Cleo!







My gown in full view. Do you like it? I do!


And my handsome husband :) 


It was a pity I didn't take pictures of my second gown, the blue one which I said I look like Miss Hong Kong in. We were too hungry and tired from the indoor shoot and couldn't wait to change out and have our Nasi Lemak lunch, so we forgot about taking pictures.

But my makeup and hairdo was the same, except for my hair accessory. I think Cleo changed it into a tiara. 


And this, was the my outdoor gown. And the hairdo for the gown. It looked quite similar to the one I had for Z'wedding photoshoot. 



And the back of the hair. 


Busy selfie-ing while the poor husband was........ 


Driving us from location to location.... Really appreciate the husband for doing this, because I knew he was tired as well. We didn't sleep very early the previous night, and woke up very early for the shoot. Thank you dear :) 


Oh, by the way, our photographer was Eric. We felt that the poses he offered us was quite limited, but I guess we were at fault as well. As I said earlier, we did not really prepare for this photoshoot and hence did not prepare any props. Thus I guess, there was just sooo much Eric could asked us to do. *sigh, stabs knife into my heart*

What I liked about Eric was he was a very hardworking photographer. We all know how tiring being a photographer was and Eric did not skive at all and wanted to make full use of the time that we had. We were previously asked to choose 2 outdoor locations only, which we did. But we realised that we still had a lot of time left before our evening photoshoot. So we told him we wanted to do another location, but did not have any idea where. So while we were on our way to our second location, Eric had googled and suggested for us to either go to Lorong Halus or Marina Barrage. Really appreciative of his efforts and initiative which made us less stressed up about the third location!

And this was our outfit for our Marina Barrage casual shoot. 


And finally it was our evening shoot. We had to pay extra for the evening shoot but I wanted to go ahead with it because we have done so many day shoots, but not a single night shoot before! And I'm really glad the husband agreed to it, even though a little unwillingly. Hehe, I hope he will not regret when he sees the photos. *crossing my fingers*

Cleo did a change of my hairdo and touch-up of my makeup for my evening shoot. There was supposed to be a crystal hair accessory on my hair but can't be seen from this angle. 


And this was the gown I was wearing. I'm not so dark okay! It was the effects and lighting! :( 





And yup, so this concludes our digio photoshoot, and any photoshoots in the near near future. At least not until our 1st wedding anniversary. I told the husband that I would like to have a photoshoot every year in the future to document our lives together. I hope we can fulfil this!


4 comments:

  1. These wedding images are very eye-catching which you have added in your post. I would like to know that can you also provide some ideas on location for vows or wedding catering services. Please add some more information on these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm planning to sign with digio as well but I am considering whether to engage their pre wedding photo shoot service.. did the photos turn out nice? Possible to share your pre wed photos? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Hmm, their pre-wedding photos are pretty standard. Nothing much to rave about, but presentable enough to show it to the guests.

      But in my opinion, I think that's enough because afterall, after the wedding, the album is most like chucked somewhere in the storeroom and you will forget about it. So no point spending so much money on pre-wedding photoshoots! But that's just my POV! :)

      Hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. Hi, I would like to know about your Chris Ling photoshoot as me and my fiancé are intending to engage them (without any z wedding package). How are their photographers?

    ReplyDelete