Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Taiwan Travelogue: Day 2 (4th November 2013)

OWe had our breakfast on our second day at a relatively famous 豆桨 cafe situated within the ximen ding. The boyf's mum had tried it earlier on and said it was nice so we decided to give it a try.

When we reached at about 10am, the place was already very crowded, and it didn't help that the cafe was a really small one so that wasn't much space to sit. 

We took our order for takeaway but sat outside the shop to eat. And we waited for about 15 minutes or so before we got our food!



Here's a morning picture of us waiting for our breakfast! :) 


The boyfriend ordered youtiao (dough fritters) and doujiang (soybean) for himself while I ordered 蛋饼for myself!

The boyfriend didn't like his fritters very much as they were too oily for him. 

My pork floss 蛋饼 on the other hand was quite nice, hot, soft and fluffy.




A couple of shops down the road is this 白苦瓜 (bitter gourd) juice stall. According to the boyfriend's mother, their juice is fresh and delicious. Had wanted to try it but I kept procrastinating. Why drink bitter gourd juice when you're in the land of bubble tea? Heh heh.
Will definitely return for this juice if I go back to Taiwan again!


When I was there, they were having some Hello Kitty festival or something, and there were so many Hello Kitty cut out boards around so I definitely had to take some pictures with them. So here's me with a sexy Hello Kitty. 


The agenda of our day was to visit the Yehliu park. I had missed it the first time I was there and I couldn't miss it again. Didn't regret going there at all & it was such a nice place even though it's mostly rocks and water over there. 

We took another 国光客运 from Taipei Bus Station West to the Yehliu park. Ticket cost about $89 TWD. Journey was about 45 mins and the bus doesn't stop right outside the park. It stops about 600m away from the park and you have to walk up a slope to reach it. 

On the day when we were there, it was raining non-stop and the wind was blowing strongly. We were very cold and had only one small umbrella to share between the 2 of us. But I must say, I had enjoyed the walk up the slope, even though it was cold and wet. This is love, isn't it?


When we reached there, we saw an auntie selling poncho and we made a wise decision to buy it! 
It kept us dry, and warm because it acted like a windbreaker that keeps away the strong wind. 
$20TWD poncho FTW! (Less than a dollar SGD)

My #ootd. Haha 






Never understood why this was called a Queen's head until we were there and saw it for ourselves. Really looked like the head of a queen! Amazing!


The beautiful rock formations behind me!




The famous Queen's head! Does it look like one?



Other really cool rock formations. 


Love this photo of us despite my messy hair!






This was a replica of the queens head at the entrance of the park if I'm not wrong but the whole point of this picture is to show my #ootd. Specially took out my cardigan and poncho for this picture. Things girls do for beauty. Sigh. 










Heh. I agree :) #notshy




Can you tell how much I love this place give the amount of pictures I took in this park? All these pictures are with no filter and just look at how pretty these pictures are. 











We stayed there for about 2hours before we left. 
As Yehliu is near the sea, there were many seafood restaurants leading to Yehliu. We settled for one of the restaurant as we were really hungry. Big mistake. 

We named these seafood shops 黑店 (black market shops) as we heard this particular shop owner quoting ridiculous price to the tourists. 

When we were taking the orders for our food, the waitress kept pushing us to get their seafood dishes, but we stood firm on our grounds that we wanted only 2 plates of fried rice. The waitress then became pretty unfriendly and walked away.

Glad we didn't order any other seafood dishes because even the fried rice was not up to standard! Can't imagine the seafood dishes.


Looks are deceiving.


After our lunch, we retreated back to our hotel to take a short rest before we proceeded out for dinner.
Before our dinner, we were roaming around ximending, in a bid to find the famous grilled "muah chi" and we finally managed to find it. It is hidden in a lane and if you don't pay enough attention to the shops located at the small lanes, you could easily miss it. 






I ordered the original peanut one. Cost about $30TWD.
Just looking at it makes me hungry already!

Must try when you're there!



The boyfriend really happy with his grilled muah chi.


After having our muah chi, we went on to have our dinner. Seems like we keep eating huh?

We walked past this restuarant called Love Park and I was mesmerized by the decor of the restaurant. They serve western food which was of a really reasonable price. For 2 main course, we paid about $500TWD, which is about $20SGD. 

Good food at a good price. 
They really have a nice garden arch and nice fairy lights at the entrance but the waiter failed to capture it.


dfdfd



Very nice ambience there!


I ordered my usual spaghetti dish, Vongole pasta and it was so so good. The Vongole was melt-in-the- mouth, really! 

 The boyf ordered some masala chicken. And it was really good too.



Please please go to this restuarant if you're ever in the area because I promise you, it will not be disappointing!


After dinner, the boyf suggested to go to 淡水 (Tam Sui) to take a look at the night view. We've been there last year, but we went in the day. So we wanted to revisit this place again to take a look at the night view. 

This bridge that we are on is also called the 情人桥 (Lovers Bridge). And it looked really lovely at night. Pity we couldn't capture the night view. 










As you can tell from the pictures, it was drizzling (wet floors) and was really windy. Cold cold night, and the boyf wanted to continue to explore the bridge. 

I should have saw it coming, but I didn't think too much about it . The long-awaited surprise was finally here.

The boyf started to be really loving and hugged me/ held my hands and started to ask weird questions like 'why do you love me?'. 
(On hindsight, I'm guessing that he was testing me and wanted to see if I had really loved him before he proposed to me right on the bridge, so as not to embarassed himself should I have said no to him)
But anyways, he started asking me those questions. (And when he finally had ascertained that I really do love him), he then started telling how much he loved me and how much he yearns to set up our own family, and lots of other sweet things which I should save it for just the both of us. 

Oh, before he finally took the plunge to kneel on one knee and asked for my hand, he reminded me of the love message that we wrote on a wooden slate a year back. On the slate, we wrote our hopes and wishes for our relationship. 

I wrote " Weileng & Ken to be happy together forever" and he wrote "I will give you happiness" 
And then, he told me that he wanted to fulfill that promise to me and went on to kneel on one knee and proposed.

❤️


And so, on 4th November 2013, I said "Yes" to him and became half a Mrs Cai.

The proposal was nothing fanciful, no 99 stalks of flower bouquet, no video recording, no big group of friends, nothing that I had imagined my proposal to be. 

It was just me & him, with a light drizzle and strong winds blowing against our face.
But I was as happy. It was all warm and fuzzy for me.

We are finally going to bring our relationship further. 



Just let me show off my ring abit. Love it!


And here's us acting crazy and showing the whole world that  I AM ENGAGED! 💍








Taiwan will now be an even more special place for the both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment