Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thoughts on the big M.

M... Marriage.

It's been a year since we were married. Wrong. Actually almost 2 years. We were ROM-ed in Feb 2014, and had our customary wedding in Nov 2014. So technically, we have been married for almost 2 years already.

From Nov 2014 ( moved in with him officially in Nov 2014), it felt as if this whole year as just zoomed past like that. And after being married for 2 years, I think I am now qualified to talk about how life has been for us, since we got married.

Friends have asked us, how different life has been since we got married. And our answer to that would be, there isn't much difference. It feels the same as we were dating, just that we get to sleep together at night, and wake up seeing each other's face in the morning. And I think that's probably the best thing of being married.

The second best thing about being married is that there's always someone beside you, to listen to you when you need to vent, to hug you when you need a healing hug, to make your laugh with his silly antics, and someone to  bully when you feel like being a tyrant.

Now that we are preparing for the next phase of our marriage life, preparing to move into our new house and designing our dream home, I feel that our love has been stronger than before.

This year, we have learnt to better communicate with each other and most importantly of all, we (at least I think I've learnt) learnt to be able to let go of our petty anger with each other.

All in all, I love my married life, and I love how it has taught me to be a better person.

Happy 1st Anniversary to my dearest husband.
I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment